TEFL Jobs in China - Jiangsu province
Qualify to teach English in China with a TEFL Scotland course
Where is it based?
Zhenjiang, referring to the "Garrison of the River" in Mandarin, is a city with a history of 2,500 years. The city was once the provincial capital during the rule of the Republic of China.
With enriched heritage and culture, the city is often associated with a lot of fascinating folk mythologies happened in Chinese history. One of the most intriguing legends, "Tale of the White Snake", was spread over generations in Chinese folklore, depicting a fantastic love story about a thousand-year-old snake spirit fighting an evil monk for her marriage to her human lover.
The other story circulated in Chinese history for Qin Shihuang, the first emperor in the Qin Dynasty (221-206 B.C.), trusted the Fengshui (Feng Shui or Fung Shwee), a Chinese ancient geomancy method. He believed in Fengshui measuring that the geography of Zhenjiang was too powerful to be under his control. Adopted his Fengshui adviser's suggestion, the emperor ordered three thousands of prisoners to dig a tunnel along hills to intend diverting the superpower out of the town. However, the tunnel only drained the water away from the town but never destroy its soul, in which Zhenjiang eventually raised two emperors and a king after the Qin.
One of the most famed notables of Zhenjiang, Mrs. Pearl S. Buck, is an American and lived in Zhejiang with her parents till her 15 years of age. She was the winner for Nobel Prize in Literature (1938) and Pulitzer Prize (1932) for her books, rich and truly epic descriptions of her life and biographical masterpieces in China. Now Zhenjiang City is a prefecture-level city in Jiangsu, with a booming economy and protected environment in Yangtze River Delta Economical Zone. With its legendary history, the city has become one of well-known historic and cultural cities in China.
Zhenjiang is located between two major metropolises, Nanjing and Shanghai, and all road traffics connecting two cities pass the city. The railway, Jinghu Railway (Beijing-Nanjing-Shanghai), passes the city and Zhenjiang Railway Station is among the busiest passenger stations in Jiangsu, having 139 trains stopping daily. T-Trains take only 45 min to Nanjing and an hour and a half to Shanghai. Huning (Shanghai-Nanjing) Expressway is a major road transportation artery, connecting Shanghai and Nanjing and other cities between them, including Zhenjiang. Its population is over 2.5 million people.
What you need to know:
- Post location: China
- Length of contract? 12 months
- Paid or Voluntary? Paid
- Wages: 8,000-9,500RMB a month depending on qualifications and experience
- Is housing included? Yes
- 600RMB monthly bonus
- All visa and immigration costs covered
- Flights re-imbrues
- 10 days paid leave + 12 Chinese public holiday days
- Health Insurance
- A vibrant and positive working environment with support from experienced teachers and opportunities for career advancement
What do these TEFL positions in China entail?
We need enthusiastic and committed TEFL teachers to teach at our established and developing schools. You will be mainly teaching children.
- Always deliver lessons to the highest standard.
- Administer tests exams and assessments.
- No set office hours
- Prepare lessons in advance and ready all equipment before class.
- ESL Teachers will be expected to regularly evaluate their own performance and they will be encouraged and helped to do this by the Director of Studies.
- Teachers will also be helped and encouraged to cooperate and communicate effectively with other teachers and members of staff.
- TEFL Scotland certificate: 140-hour
- Required to be native English speaker? Yes
- University degree needed? Yes
- What else do you need? TEFL England/ Scotland/ Wales/ Ireland certificate
Would you like to teach English in China?
Already completed a TEFL Scotland course?
Job Reference CHINA159
Further Information about TEFL jobs in China
View all available TEFL jobs