TEFL Jobs in Honduras - Throughout the Country
Qualify to teach English in Honduras with a TEFL Scotland course
Where is it based?
Honduras is a country very dependent on tourism, and the ability to speak English can have a massive effect on a child’s future career prospects. As such, this is an opportunity to use your TEFL qualification to make a real difference.
Honduras also offers many amazing places to visit, including the stunning Bay Islands and the Copan Ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site based around the remains of the ancient Mayan civilisation.
What you need to know:
- Post location: Honduras
- Length of contract? To be agreed with the school, preferably a minimum of six months. School semesters in Honduras run February to mid-June and mid-June to November. Currently looking for volunteers for June - November 2012 and for 2013.
- Paid or Voluntary? Voluntary
- Wages: not specified
- Is housing included? Yes
Accommodation provided free of charge, along with 3 meals a day at a local comedor.
What do these TEFL positions in Honduras entail?
Unlike many volunteer programmes, there is no fee to volunteer here. Accommodation and meals provided free. You will also have the opportunity to make money by teaching private classes, either at the school or to adults in the city.
This school is looking ideally for a minimum commitment of three months from a teacher, but they are willing to create a flexible schedule.
- TEFL Scotland certificate: 20-hour
- Required to be native English speaker? Yes
- University degree needed? No
Would you like to teach English in Honduras?
Already completed a TEFL Scotland course?
Job Reference HONDUCP
Further Information about TEFL jobs in Honduras
View all available TEFL jobs