Terms & Conditions
We strongly suggest that you read, and understand, our standard Terms and Conditions. Please contact TEFL Scotland if you have any questions relating to these terms.
Deposits and Balance Payments
1. If you want to pay a deposit at the time of booking, and as long as your course is more than three weeks away, you can make a deposit of £50, which is non-refundable. You can pay with most major debit and credit cards or by PayPal. The remaining balance will automatically be charged to your card two weeks before the course start date. If your course starts within the next two weeks you will need to pay the full amount at the time of booking. If you don’t want your balance payment to be taken automatically, give us a call and we can arrange a way more convenient to you. If a full or partial refund has to be made through no fault of TEFL Scotland, then a fee of £10 will be made to cover each bank transaction charge.
Making changes to your courses
2. You may make changes to the date or location of your TEFL / TESOL course for the following fees:
Within seven days of booking there will be no charge. However, if you book a Practical Weekend Course within seven days of the course start date you will not be able to make any changes and will forfeit your course fee. For Practical Weekend Courses no changes can be made by the student within seven days of the start date of the course. You can change your course free of charge if you request to do so over 30 days before the start date. Between 30 days and 7 days of course start date to change course the charge is £40. If an emergency prevents your course attendance, you must inform TEFL Scotland the first day of the course to re-book for a fee of £75 (€100). This is upon written proof of the incident as well as at the Course Manager’s discretion. This is also subject to availability .Non-attendance with no warning is non-refundable and non-transferrable to another course.
3. TEFL Scotland reserves the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained on the website at any time.
4. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the course you have purchased you are entitled to a full refund within seven days from the date you made the purchase of the course, unless this is within 7 days of the start date of a weekend course. In this case no refund is possible. After 7 days you are out with the 'cooling off' period and you are not entitled to a refund if you wish to cancel.
5. We reserve the right to change or cancel the course. The very nature of the TEFL course offered requires flexibility by all parties. For this reason the outline itinerary and description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the course, and not as a contractual obligation.
6. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. TEFL Scotland will confirm acceptance of your booking in writing or via e-mail.
7. Course cancellations will only be accepted in writing or via e-mail.
8. You cannot get a refund on online courses if you have already begun the course or out with the 7 day cooling period. You have 6 months to complete the course from date of purchase. If you need an extension, this can be arranged at £40 for one month. After 12 months of inactivity, your course will be deleted and you will not be able to access your grades or course work. Please contact info@TEFLscotland.co.uk to extend your course.
What is included
9. Transport to and accommodation at the venue is not included in the price of this TEFL course. In most cases refreshments, such as tea or coffee, are provided during the course but all food and other related costs are not included in the price of this TEFL course.
Not completing the weekend or weekday courses
10. If a student misses the second day of their TEFL course, for whatever reason, they may attend the missed days on another date for a fee of £75 per day.
11. If the minimum number of bookings required to run a course is not met, and if TEFL Scotland has to cancel a course for this reason, they will endeavour not do so less than 14 days prior to the course date.
12. In the event of a TEFL Scotland trainer being unable to attend due to trainer illness or other circumstances beyond their control, the course may be cancelled. TEFL Scotland will endeavour to provide an alternative trainer but this is not always possible. Refunds of any fees paid will be made but no liability shall be taken for travel or accommodation costs incurred by you.
13. If a student arrives an hour or more late for the start of a course (whether at morning or afternoon periods) then TEFL Scotland reserves the right for the tutor to refuse entry to the course to the student.
Failing the course
14. In most cases, students pass the course. However, if the tutor feels you have not participated fully on the course or that you have not assimilated the content of the course sufficiently then you may be failed. In these cases no certificate will be issued. Attendance on further courses can be arranged at the discretion of the course manager.
15. You must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract at the time to us and give us the opportunity to arrive at a satisfactory solution.
16. Every endeavour is made to ensure that certificates reach the successful tutee within 28 days of completion of the course. TEFL Scotland, however, cannot be responsible for certificates that are not received due to postal issues. If you have not received your certificate within 28 days of passing your course, please contact TEFL Scotland for assistance.
17. All tutees can request a new certificate to replace a lost certificate for the administrative fee of £10 within the United Kingdom and £15 outwith the United Kingdom. This fee includes standard postage and packaging. If the tutee requires alternative postal arrangements, this will solely be at the cost of the tutee.
18. TEFL Scotland does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
19. TEFL Scotland does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the sole domain of the English courts.
20. Under no circumstances does TEFL Scotland accept responsibility or liability for loss of personal possessions while attending the course.
21. TEFL Scotland does not accept responsibility or liability for any other event which may affect you or your course.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
22. By signing the application form, verbally agreeing on the telephone or having ticked the relevant box on the website you are agreeing to accept all these conditions. The person who signs the booking form, does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
TEFL Scotland, www.TEFLscotland.co.uk , 31/10/2011